CrossFit First Creek – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
2 Rounds of the following movements:
• 10 Lunge and reach.
• 30-sec high knees.
• 30-sec butt kickers.
• 10 Speed skaters.
• 10 Plank to squat jumps (stepping is a scaling option).
• 10 Banded pull-aparts.
• 10 Banded pass throughs.
30-sec active hang.
3-5 Strict pull-ups
• Use this opportunity to decide the height of the box for those doing the toe-assist scaling option.
• Maintain active shoulders when arms are fully extended.
• For those doing ring rows, mark the foot position and use the same placement every round. They should be able to complete 10 consecutive reps without rest from this position.
3-5 Kipping pull-ups or kip swings for those that are scaling today.
Practice and time 6 burpees
• Ideally, these take no more than 20 seconds.
Execute 3 sets of 6 shuttle sprints with 30 seconds rest between sets.
• The first set should be a fast jog. Practice reaching to the floor after passing the cones.
• The second set is slightly faster.
• The final set should be at the intended pace for the workout. If needed, scale athletes to 4 sprints if there is not a significant difference in pacing from the first set to the last set.
El Toro Loco (10 Rounds for time)
Every 90 seconds for 10 rounds:
•6 10m Shuttle sprints
Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups – December 2018 Skill
5 sets of:
3 Strict supine grip C2B bar pull-ups. Hold chin over bar for 2 seconds, 3 second descent, then immediately pull.
Rest 1 minute between sets.